November was one busy and difficult month for me. I had so many responsibilities at work that I wasn’t surprised that sometimes I forgot about I wasn’t buying anything in November on some days. I wish that we had some sort of a winter break here in Turkey, but even New Year’s Eve falls on a Saturday. Here is a handwritten report on how November was:
So, I made 5 purchases in total:
1. an iPhone 6S. I wasn’t sure about it, but it turns out I like my new iPhone a lot, but I have to agree I miss BlackBerry Hub and the awesome BlackBerry keyboard. I’m still not on good terms with iOS keyboard and autocorrect, especially when I write half-Turkish half-English and don’t check what I wrote before posting. I did send some meaningless texts!
2. A red block note for my mother-in-law. She loved it and was looking for a way to make it a permanent notebook by writing quotes or verses in it.
3. Teacher’s day gift for my teacher trainer: A journal and a nice pen in a box.
4. Rhodia pad (A6 size): I am so happy with this small notebook. The paper is the stuff dreams are made of!
5. and finally, some cartridges for my Platinum Preppy. (and in the photo you’ll see my beautiful Christmas plant that decided to blossom a month before Christmas)
When I set out, I had 5 criteria for things I won’t be buying this month and yeah, stationery was one of them. Apparently I spend much more money on stationery in a regular month, but although I was mindfully trying to keep out, I couldn’t. Even the two gifts I bought this month are notebooks and pens. I knew I liked paper and pen and ink all right, but this challenge helped me see that this is my weak spot.
Awareness is the key, after all.